Having lots of experience in this field I think I'll preach on it a little bit.
I can vouch for the difficulty in dealing with staph infections.
Staph bacteria can live harmlessly in the body (intestinal tract) but when they (or other varieties of staph) 'get loose' major problems occur.
The sickest I have ever been in my life was when I had a respiratory staph inspection, and throat infections of staph are a close second. (One of the strangest side effects of the respiratory infection was that I lost the ability to taste for about 2 months...)
For that first infection I may have waited a little to long to see the Dr. The end result was nose bleeds, more than a week of semi-consciousness, and lots of pain.
One thing I have learned (the hard way):
When you go to the Dr. for what you think is a sore throat or strept throat, insist on having a culture done. Many Drs. will look at the throat and see what is 'clearly' a strept infection and not do a culture.
The weaker medicines used to treat strept can't touch staph.



Bookmarks